FAMILIES wanting a holiday abroad should look to the summer, with experts predicting that short-haul trips will be able to go ahead.
Spain is likely to be the most popular destination with Brits, due to the good weather and close proximity.
While travelling abroad is currently off the cards, it is expected that staycations will resume by Easter, while short-haul holidays to Europe will be back for summer 2021.
This also means prices are expected to only go up for a summer holiday due to demand, as well as a lack of capacity due to airlines cutting routes.
Thankfully there are some amazing good deals if you book now.
Even better, package holidays are ATOL protected so if your trip can’t go ahead, your money is protected.
Desperate tour operators are offering cheap deals as well as extra free perks to encourage families to book early.
All-inclusive deals can help you keep to your budget – here are some of the best deals where you have all food and drink included.
- Seven nights at Riu Oliva beach resort in Spain and return flights with TUI – from £427pp
- Seven nights at Globals Cala’n Blanes in Menorca and return flights with Jet2 – from £379pp
- Seven nights at Hotel sol Milanos Pinguinos in Menorca and return flights with Jet2 – from £379pp
The beach is often the most important part of a holiday too, to soak up some sea and sun.
We’ve rounded up some of the best deals for beachfront properties too, starting from £299pp:
- Seven nights at Hovima La Pinta Beachfront Family Hotel half-board in Tenerife and return flights with Jet2 – from £549pp
- Seven nights at Grupotel Ibiza Beach Resort and return flights with TUI – from £493pp
- Seven nights at Parque Santiago IV Apartments in Tenerife and return flights with TUI – from £384pp
- Seven nights at Hotel Golden Donaire Beach in Spain half-board and return flights with TUI – from £447pp
- Seven nights at Blue bay Beach Club in Gran Canaria and return flights with easyJet – from £299pp
- Seven nights at adult-only Benidorm Centre and return flights with easyJet – from £456pp
The current rules prevent Brits from entering Spain, with a ban on non-essential travel due to the UK lockdown.
New rules also include a Spain flight ban for British holidaymakers until February 2, as well as quarantine and coronavirus restrictions both on arrival and back in the UK.
Package holidays up to 54% cheaper than last year – with Algarve best value
IN FOR THE LONG HAUL
The long-haul holiday destinations likely to welcome Brits this year
TRIED & TRUSTED
Spain and Turkey bookings surge as Brits opt for ‘familiar destinations’
GO ALL IN
Cheap all inclusive holidays for summer 2021- and all have free child places
Quirky cheap British holiday homes – lighthouses to windmills from £7pp a night
However, these are likely to be lifted when the vaccines are more widely rolled out.
Brits who get vaccinated may soon be given a vaccination passport.
Not only would it help the NHS keep track of the number of Brits that have received their first or second jab, but could be used to restart holidays.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.