Air India is organizing two new routes to the US as of early 2021, and just one will be particularly exciting, specified support lately introduced by the two American and United.
Air India launching two new US routes
It’s becoming documented that Air India will launch two new routes to the United States as of early 2021:
- Air India will fly 2x weekly from Bangalore to San Francisco as of January 11, 2021
- Air India will fly 2x weekly from Hyderabad to Chicago as of January 9, 2021
Air India’s two new planned US routes
The flights aren’t yet on sale, so we’ll have to hold out to see what the schedules glimpse like. For that make any difference, we’ll have to hold out and see if Air India truly follows through on these programs.
This is particularly intriguing due to the fact all of Air India’s present-day US routes operate out of Delhi and Mumbai, so it is awesome to see Air India add assistance from new Indian markets to key US marketplaces. Again in 2015 there experienced been converse of Air India launching a Bangalore to San Francisco route, but that in no way arrived to fruition.
The US to Bangalore marketplace is heating up
Up till now there have been no nonstop flights in between Bangalore and the US, but that’s promptly shifting
United will start every day San Francisco to Bangalore flights
Now Air India would like to get in on the entertaining as effectively. A handful of factors stand out:
- At ~8,700 miles, this will be Air India’s longest route, so the airline will have to use a Boeing 777-200LR for the flight
- Air India is perhaps beating United to the punch right here, as Air India’s Bangalore flight will launch many months in advance of United’s
- Though Air India and United have a partnership by means of the Star Alliance, the two airways do not have a joint venture, or everything, so it is not surprising to see the airlines competing head-to-head in several marketplaces
- Even though San Francisco to Bangalore is a significant company marketplace (or at minimum it was pre-coronavirus), I’ll be curious to see how the presence of Air India and United evolves in the sector is 9x weekly flights just correct, or will we see both airline maximize or minimize services?
Air India’s 777 very first class
Air India ideas on launching new routes from Bangalore to San Francisco and Hyderabad to Chicago as of early 2021. The flights aren’t nonetheless on sale and Air India is regarded for sometimes backtracking on new routes, so we’ll have to wait around and see if this will come to fruition.
We could soon have a few airways traveling nonstop involving Bangalore and the US, alongside with one particular airline flying nonstop among Hyderabad and the US.
What do you make of Air India’s probable US expansion?